What is “Intended Support”?
- Intended Support, formerly known as Faith Promise Commitments, is the amount of financial support that a donor intends to donate in support of a particular missionary. Intended Support does NOT form any type of contractual agreement or obligation.
What will happen to old Faith Promise Commitments?
- Existing Faith Promise Commitments will remain on our records as Intended Support.
What is the Biblical basis of Intended Support Giving?
- Second Corinthians, chapters 8 and 9, forms the general basis for INTENDED SUPPORT. Chapter 8, verse 3, mentions “to their power” and “beyond their power.” “To their power” or according to their power, relates especially to tithes and offerings, or known sources of income. “Beyond their power” relates in a unique way to INTENDED SUPPORT, since looking beyond any known sources of income is to look to the Lord for His special enabling.
What is the relationship between the Intended Support and the paying of tithes, or the giving of offerings?
- Tithes and offerings are taught in the Word of God and are urgently needed in the work of the church. But these are not sufficient to get the gospel to the world in this generation. Tithes and offerings look to, and depend on, a stated income. INTENDED SUPPORT looks directly to God, asking in effect: “How much can I trust God to give through me?” This offers God a channel through which He can pour limitless amounts into His work through His children.
Are “Intended Support” gifts pledges?
- No, INTENDED SUPPORT gifts are not pledges. A pledge is horizontal, made to a church, society, or other worthy cause. The INTENDED SUPPORT is vertical, being made between the believer and the Lord. If at the end of the year God has not enabled the person to meet his INTENDED SUPPORT commitment, the matter is only between that person and the Lord.
Besides using the Donor Portal, how can a donor indicate their Intended Support?
- A donor can complete the Partnering in Mission form and mail it to Global Partners.
- A donor can contact Donor Services and let them know the details of their Intended Support.
- A donor can let a missionary know the details of their intended support and the missionary will relay that information to Donor Services.
- If a donor sets up a recurring donation, then Donor Services will record or revise the “INTENDED SUPPORT” from that donor to match the recurring donation.
How can a donor find out about their existing Intended Support and/or update their intentions?
- A donor can either log into the new donor portal and select “Show My Intended Support” (currently under development) to view, renew, edit, add, or cancel their Intended Support or they can contact Donor Services (email@example.com / (317) 774.3944).