CALL TO PRAYER FOR THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE WESLEYAN CHURCH
I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white robes and held palm branches in their hands. And they were shouting with a great roar, “Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne and from the Lamb!” (Revelation 7:9-10 NLT).
The fourth International Conference of The Wesleyan Church (ICWC) will take place on May 12-15, 2019, in Bridgetown, Barbados. Wesleyan international delegates meet every four years for this extremely important event in the life of the international Wesleyan Church. Global Partners is asking you to remember this event and the participants in prayer.
- Pray that all the last-minute details and preparations would come together.
- Pray that the international delegates and guests would receive their travel documents in time to attend. Pray for smooth times in customs for the international guests.
- Pray for safety for all who are traveling internationally.
- Pray for Dr. Wayne Schmidt, Chairman of the ICWC, as he provides pivotal point leadership.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s anointing upon times of worship, teaching, and interactive seminars.
- Pray for a spirit of unity among all delegates so that the world may know God sent Jesus:
“. . . I pray for those who will put their trust in Me through the teaching they have heard. May they all be as one, Father, as You are in Me and I am in You. May they belong to Us. Then the world will believe that You sent Me. I gave them the honor You gave Me that they may be one as We are One. I am in them and You are in Me so they may be one and be made perfect. Then the world may know that You sent Me and that You love them as You love Me” (John 17:20-23 NLT).
- Pray Colossians 1:9-14 for the delegates and leadership of the ICWC:
“I ask God that you may know what He wants you to do. I ask God to fill you with the wisdom and understanding the Holy Spirit gives. Then your lives will please the Lord. You will do every kind of good work, and you will know more about God. I pray that God’s great power will make you strong, and that you will have joy as you wait and do not give up. I pray that you will be giving thanks to the Father. He has made it so you could share the good things given to those who belong to Christ who are in the light. God took us out of a life of darkness. He has put us in the holy nation of His much-loved Son. We have been bought by His blood and made free. Our sins are forgiven through Him” (NLT)
- Pray for deep connection among the Global Church and partnerships in the mission.
- Pray that above all else God would be honored and lifted high.