HOW DO WE KEEP MOVING THE MISSION FORWARD?
Over the last few months, I’ve shared the impact that your partnership is having around the world in each phase of “The 5 Phases,” our global strategy for church multiplication. We must amplify the mission of reaching the 4 in 10 who do not have access to the gospel. Every time you give to Global Partners, you play your part in this global strategy to make disciples throughout the world.
- In Phase 1, Establishing Relationships, our teams are connecting with people, building rapport, and inviting them to begin a relationship with Jesus.
- Making disciples is central to the Church’s mission. It’s that simple. But it’s also that complex. There are many different cultures, religions, tribes, and languages in our world. In Phase 2, Making Disciples, we ask how we can obey Christ’s command to make disciples of all peoples.
- In Phase 3, Developing Leaders, we partner with local leaders to develop contextualized curriculum for pastors, support Bible colleges to train and equip men and women to lead, and offer sponsorship opportunities for leaders taking steps toward ordination.
- Then, in Phase 4, sustainability becomes a significant area of focus, as nationals take the primary responsibility for driving the mission. Advancing Sustainability is the rallying cry for our teams as they work to help develop healthy and mature church networks.
- Finally, in Phase 5, Multiplying Movements, countries move from receiving to sending. We are praying for the global Wesleyan Church to be energized and for nations to be transformed with the presence of spirit-filled, mission-minded believers!
To stand alongside women and men who are faithful through persecution, cultural barriers, and even desert seasons when hard soil doesn’t yield harvest, is convicting. And for those serving in places of great fruitfulness, seeing their determination to continue to serve, to reach, and to go, is inspiring. God is calling The Wesleyan Church to send missionaries from everywhere to everywhere!
Do you want to learn more about “The 5 Phases” and the critical role you can play in global transformation? Explore “The 5 Phases” online at gponline.org/5-phases.